#5 on the list is none other than Big Z himself, Zydrunas Savickas. In the day and age where it seems strongmen must be tattooed from head to toe, have a Mohawk, or some other ridiculous hairstyle, or customized facial hair, or Heaven forbid - nipple rings - It is the clean cut All-Lithuanian powerhouse that is the strongest man since the Biblical Samson.
(Author's Note: There should be a rule for strongman contestants that in order to wear nipple rings you have to beat Travis Ortmeyer's time in a five stone run, Travis is the only person allowed to wear nipple rings, more than one person wearing them is too many for strongman.)
Zydrunas Savickas' record speaks for itself, six Arnold titles, two time (and counting) World Strongest Man winner, Two IFSA championships, and more 1st place finishes in minor competition than you can shake a stick at. Believe it or not he managed to do all this without or looking like he'd spent 100 hours in the chair at LA Ink. Hats off to him.
Why I like him:
- Can Log press more than most powerlifters can bench press
- Soft spoken and seems to do most of his talking on the platform
- Has a huge gut, gives me hope
- He is not "ripped", "cut", or any of those other ridiculous words used to describe people who are lean with a little muscle
- did I mention the power belly?
- Hands down the strongest man of the modern era (if you disagree I would love to hear your futile arguments)