Well this is it, another year down. Here is a recap of the last few months. Happy 2015.
I was going to take picture of my training log and do a lot of the usual run down complete with pictures, ect. but the time and effort to document the last 3 months of training would be repetitive and not worth it. But here is a brief synopsis for the both of you that may be inerested in what I'm doing in the gym.
October - lot of squats, bench, deadlifts and whatever I wanted to do with no plan or direction.
November - Volume, Volume, Volume, lots of 5 x 5's, multiple low rep sets in squats, lots of accessory work, especially upper back, and bodybuilding movements.
December - speed, low reps sets, lighter weight, chains bands, modest accessory movements
as and aside, I'll be focusing on strength in January, so the bar weight will be going up, sets/reps will decrease and accesory movements will be limited. The last week will be off completely. Which will set up the plan for the rest of the year.
Month 1 - volume
Month 2 - speed
Month 3 - strength/load the bar then a week off ... generally speaking...
What can I say, an imperfect plan is better than no plan at all. At least this way I'm not training multiple qualities at once which, for me, in this season of life is just fine.
- If Ron Swanson quotes were motivational posters
- 500 lb. body causes fire at crematory
- An Interview With Behemoth Dan McKim, a Highland Games Champion
- The Georgia Tech team chaplain will get you fired up
- Restoring an Ivanko bar (might need google translate on this one)
- When adopting Older foster children goes wrong
- Band pull apart article that my friend Billy loves
- Brian Shaw does Crossf... Errr Uhh... Professional Exercising
- Fascinating article on Pro wrestler Mick Foley aka "Mankind"
- Ways to Train Smarter / some good ideas here
- Robert Oberst eats a lot
- 20 worst people in the gym (glad I train at home)
- West Coast Impressions: A Random Journey (great stuff from Ken Leistner, especially last page)
- Minnesota Kicker's practice schedule
- How Fred Hatfield overhauled Evander Holyfield's training
- To An Athlete Dying Young
- Gus Malzahn playing the Maracas
- I Ate Spoon-Fed Propaganda on the North Korean Border
- I look at these pictures and I think of my sweet Ruthie
- WHY I RUN FROM MEGA-CHURCHES AND FOG MACHINE CONCERT WORSHIP
- 5 things to do everyday
- 4 Motivational Lessons Rocky Balboa Can Teach You
- 35 Secrets of Brilliant Coaches
- Abortion has 2 victims
- Disabled Children Face Violence, Neglect in Russian Orphanages
- A goalie saves all 5 penalties with his face to win a shoot-out
- A link to more links (strength training related)
- Really Good Long Form article on recovery
- Russia dopes their athletes? Gasp!
- Clint Darden responds to Russia Doping (food for thought, I don't agree with everything here)
- “You’re All a Bunch of Pathetic Weaklings,” Says the Steroid Using Powerlifter
- Undercover Barner: Penultimate Goodbyes
- I feel you T.Y. Hilton, God bless your family
- Drifta Lifta - Part One
- Hope For Orphans - Ella's Story (As an aside, don't know who this dude is but he's my hero)
- A therapist goes to middle school and tries to sit still and focus. She can’t. Neither can the kids.
- National Adoption Month and You
- Children of the State - Documentary Preview
- Advice for white parents of black children
- She hugged this little scrap of humanity to her, and whispered, with tears in her eyes, “beautiful, beautiful, my beautiful girl!” - (I think of my sweet Rebekah)
- A Pennsylvania Boy gets to go hunting
- Frozen Theme goes Heavy Metal
- Hunger Games Bad Lip Reading
- Oh God it's mom
- Rogue vs. Eleiko Bars (really long video, I'm convinced most weightlifters are just in it to collect gear)
- Cornbread and Buttermilk Squats again
- The thing this article screams at me is WE HAVE A CREATOR, WE ARE NOT AN ACCIDENT!
- Finnish Deadlift Routine (old, but I came across it and thought I would throw it out there)
- Sea of Crisis - Longform article on Sumo
- Your Crossfit Friends (so, so funny)
- Cold Weather Training - Bill Starr (again, not new, just like the article)
- "If Emily Struggles her whole life, she'll not live her first mother's fate"