Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Favorite Strongman #4 - Magnus Samuelsson


Oh yeah. He can dance. #4 on the list, Magnus Samuelsson, is the living embodiment of "if I'm going to do something, I'm in it to win it". Not only has he climbed his way to the top of Sweden's version of dancing with the stars, but he has found is way to the World's Strongest Man podium five times, winning 1st place in 1998.

Why I like Him:

  • He broke Nathan Jones arm while arm wrestling (1995 World's Strongest Man)
  • He's a farmer
  • He's Swedish
  • Has a wicked awesome grip
  • He races cars too.
  • Did I mention he broke a man's arm?(see minute 2:05)
  • Claims to be drug free (which not many people are willing to stick their neck out an do, gotta respect that)
  • Strikes me as a nice guy

I'll leave you with one final video of the Giant Swede from his time on "Dancing With The Stars". Like any good contestant, he basically just stands there and pretends to kind of dance while a beautiful girl dances around him. I wish I knew what they were saying during the critique, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with how awesome his sparkle shirt is. I couldn't be prouder to have the Strongman community represented in this manner, bravo, Mr. Samuelsson, bravo.

No comments: