Sunday, May 3, 2015

Training, Tweets and Links January - March 2015

Training

My training is what it has always been. Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Overhead Press in one form or another. For the first part of the year I did start working on my quick lifts (Snatch and Clean & Jerk) and have made considerable progress on my technique. Quality over Intensity, good form, and proper positions are all part of the plan. And I FINALLY figured out what everyone was talking about when they said "jump with the bar" in the clean.

I love my new training journal I got for Christmas, which is really just a yearly day planner with a paragraph sized place to write for each day. It's awesome. It has also lead me to start journaling a little, basically a brief description of each day and what we did and maybe a few thoughts. My hope is that one day the kids will enjoy reading some of their old dad's day to day mundane thoughts as we chug through life.


I would just as soon January and February not even exist on the calendar, partly because I lift in a non-climate controlled environment. But also, there is nothing for the kids to do except be cold and bored and it gets dark at 4:30pm. and you don't even have Christmas to look forward to. A few years ago I started calling March 1st "Strongman New Year" because it heralded the coming of spring and time change and warmer weather. It's become my favorite Non-Holiday Holiday. No one really knows it's a holiday except you, you don't have to buy gifts, and all you do is basically think about what all kind of training and you're going to do when the weather warms up. So, a belated Happy Strongman New Year to all!

Below are my tweets and links, as you can see there is a lot, but hope you'll enjoy.

Tweets
(End of College Football Season Related)



(The Rest)




Links 

The Late Stuart Scott's speech the ESPY's from 2014
Rich Eisens tribute
"Bulletproof" coffee is stupid and terrible and it's creator is a weird dope head
Russia's Adoption Ban 2 years later
"he drinks a gallon of milk a day/eats a quart of cottage cheese"Old Article on Don Reinhoudt
Construction worker that bragged on FB about putting Bama flag on Kyle Field commits suicide (So tragic)
21 reasons to have your own home gym
Tour LSU's new football weightroom
Eyes to See
Strength Coach Ron McKeefery / Adoption Gameplan
Artisanal Knuckle Sandwich
“I think sometimes kids aren’t playing multiple sports anymore because it’s just too expensive.”
Bad NFL Lip Reading 2015
Wrestling great Booker T performs “spectacular” citizen arrest during armed robbery
Biggest Loser: "We're all fat again!"
Flaming Hammer Curls
Lessons from China (weightlifting)
Flowchart on whether or not you should tweet potential college recruits
Huntsville loves hockey an is kind of a weird place
ISIS is turning people to Jesus
Removed {foster care}
20 Nutrition myths debunked
Squats: Not Everyone is the Same
Meet Ben Jackson
Adopted For Life Ten Years Laters
Random Thoughts on Coming back from injury
UGA(ly's) Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Mark Hocke
Naps Are Good For You
Some Challenge Workouts From Dan John
World Orphans Iraq Update (Please watch this one)
Not Sleeping is Not Good
Did Auburn Football Players Really Harass a disabled Veteran and Her Helper Dog?
On a recent day she asked a visitor: 'Do you want me?' - I almost suffocated reading this article
Barbell Training as Rehab
Wiggle Love
Long Form Article on Sleep Deprivation

No comments: