Sunday, July 26, 2009

Short and Sweet (Tea)Training on a Sunday


After church this morning my dear wife and I went and stuffed ourselves at the Mexican Restaurant. I drank about two gallons of sweet tea (my favorite), ate about a basket of chips and salsa, and got this Chicken Burrito, Flauta, soft taco combo the I woofed down like I had spent the last month in a concentration camp... That my friends is just one of many examples of the poor food choices I've made over the last week. Thursday I went to the Chinese Buffet for my nephews birthday and pigged out there and drank another two gallons of... you guess it... Sweet Tea.

Anyway, upon returning from The Lord's House and then Durango's Mexican Restaurant I slept like a grizzly bear for about two hours. Then drug myself out of bed and managed to do some training despite my severe lack of motivation. Here's how it went down, short and sweet.


Log Press
empty x 8,135 x 5 x 2, 175 x 5(strict), 195 x 3,
235 x 1,
205 x 3 x 2,
175 x 5(strict)

Tire Flip
545 x 6, 750 x 4

- It's interesting how two similar tires must be flipped with totally different technique. The 545 I can "snatch grip deadlift" up and over, The 750 you have to drive forward using your shoulders like a football sled, gotta work on that technique, overall I was pleased with how it felt.

After that I took a 40 minute walk with Gracie the Wonder Hound, and my sister's Boykin Spaniel Angus (who we are babysitting), and my lovely bride, it was a great afternoon.

I sweated like 4 pigs, and I'm still thirsty... You know what sounds good about now.... Yep you guessed it.

Seriously though, I can tell the dieting is affecting my strength, I might have to just be pudgy. We'll see what I weigh tomorrow after squatting, there is a slight chance I lost a couple of pounds... Maybe?

No comments: