Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Today, from where I sit.

Training has been... well... boring. Honestly, I'm in cruise control. A little log and tire flip and frame carry on Sunday. Some box squats today... Eh.

Frankly, I just just want to keep my back healthy and make it to Russia to bring my daughter home. So I'm not taking any risks.

The older I get the less important laying it on the line to get stronger becomes. The more important staying healthy, mobile, and pain-free becomes. I've got a few more years to work on pulling that 800lbs deadlift or push a 400lb. log, but in the mean time I'm focused on becoming and dad and spending time with my family.

The long and short of it is, a man's got to have priorities, and right now training is about 5th on the list. And the way I look at it, I'm not going to get to the end of my life and think to myself, "man, I sure do wish I had spent more time in the gym".

Some might call me uncommitted... They would be wrong. I assure you that the things worthy of my commitment are now receiving my full attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a man whos getting it right. Take care and give the new daughter lots of love from us.
Love you guys.

Joey