Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I forgot how to be strong


Today was weird. It was my first day back from catching my death of illness which has had me with a fever, sore throat, sinus, etc.

I squatted. Well, I tried to.

Nothing fancy, just wanted worked up to a beefy double. My beefy double turned into a way to hard single. I couldn't believe how hard that squat felt.

I had a teacher in high school that once jokingly told me "I've forgotten more than you'll ever know". I think as I get older I'm starting to see what she meant.

After squatting I moved to the plain barbell good morning. Nothing Fancy, but by my third set of warm-up weight my left hamstring almost cramped up....

Ridiculous.

I've forgotten how to be strong. I've forgotten what it takes. I've become a schizophrenic in my training.

Focusing on to many goals at once will only ensure that you reach none of them.

What do I do? More good mornings for one. Heck I think just more in general. I can't not do GM's for three years and expect keep the strength that that exercise provided. The same thing goes for all the other things I've left behind in an effort to be more "specific" in my pursuit of strength. Hard lessons to swallow when I remember where I used to be.

So, There you go. Let the perpetual Massive Overhaul continue...

No comments: