Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Let the Overhaul Begin


As I mentioned earlier, back pain, foot pain, and fatness were some of the problems I wanted to deal with after the contest was finally over. So today it began, sort of. The Overhaul must a happen or I imagine by the time I'm forty, I'll have a host of other problems to deal with.



I decide to spend the next few weeks working on barbell strength and overall conditioning before going back to the heavy events days in prep. for the Contest in TN in October. The only two events I plan on working on during this time are the Log and Stones, my worst two events. I plan on including lots of dog walking, swimming, and stretching and sled pulling for conditioning work. At least that is the plan. Plus I love a barbell, and sometimes the stark cold simplicity of a heavy bar that resists movement is a delight to hold.

I got to the gym around 6:30am and ran into a friend of mine that's done a couple of olympic weightlifting competitions. We talked about the GSM contest, how I came in last, and how it might best be prevented next time. He joked about how at his first Oly. contest last summer he got beat by a girl... Granted that girl went on to place at Weightlifting Collegiate Nationals, but she was still a girl.

I kept things light today, I didn't realize how sore my sinews still were from Saturday's show until I grabbed a hold of that barbell.


AM:

Axle barbell complexes40lb X alot of rowing, upright rows, presses ect.

130lb. x more of the same, several sets of overhead press x mult. reps, and rows of various kinds, I even praticed my continental clean a little, rainbow presses ect.

Lying dumbell tricep extensions 35lb x 15 x 3sets
Hammer low row 180 x 10, 240 x 10 x 2, throw in a few DB curls for my sore lt. bicep 25 x 15

PM:
Walked into Chinese Buffet x 50 feet
Filled Up Plate with Chinese Goodness x 3sets
Fork to Mouth x 247 reps
Pulled handle on Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine x 2


did I mention I needed to deal with the fatness?....

No comments: