Friday, May 7, 2010

Fat Gripz


I have to just be honest, sometimes I fall victim to a flashy sales pitch, or gimmicky things that I think may be the long lost strength secret that will finally make me the greatest of all time. I like gadgets, little things that can be useful in training. Now, these things can also be a major distraction. I bought a Rolling Thunder, for instance, that I just knew I would use every workout and twice on Sundays. I don't think I've hooked that thing to a loading pin since 2009... I have so many other "fish to fry" before I need to worry about how much I can one hand deadlift on a spinning PVC handle. But, anyway, I digress...

The online shopping bug bit hard a week ago and I couldn't help but take advantage of some free shipping over at EliteFTS. So, I bought a set of monster mini's, some short bands (for deadlifting, more on that later), and... yes... some Fat Gripz.

Much like the zombies that Advocare makes out of professional athletes (and its customers... and its salesmen...), I have become a Fat Gripz non paid endorser.

I've used these for Dumbbell tricep extensions and curls over the last couple of days. I also got a chance to use them on the bench press. I love them. It increases the level of difficulty dramatically, and replicates the grip on a thick bar perfectly. The rubber felt a little mushy when I got to 250lbs. on the bench, but overall it is pretty sturdy. I plan to use them pretty much all the time, especially on dumbbell movements.

Hopefully that Thomas Inch replica at SWAT Gym will be coming off the ground soon.

No comments: