Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last Events Day

This was my last events training day before the big show next Saturday. I'll do a couple of light gym workouts between now and then. but, here is the last one that counts.

Axle continental and press
110 x 5
160 x 2
210 x 1
230 x miss (tried to get cutesy with it and goofed up)
230 x miss (tried to get fancy on this one and use some "technique")
230 x 1 (just did what works, good and easy)

225lb sled tire pull up my driveway x 50ft

wow, I forgot how much demand the pull puts on your achilles tendon, worked on staying low.

Deadlift
301 x 1
367 x 1
433 x 1
499 x 1 (yes, you heard me, between the mish mash of KG and Lb. plates I was using this is what the progression looked like. I had to use the calculator on my computer to figure this out.)

About the time I was going to the yoke and stones a monsoon came, so hard that I thought I should start building an ark. It blew into my carport and made everything wet. So I called it quits here, I may do stones and yoke tomorrow, I may not... who knows. What is done is done. I'm not going to gain any measurable strength between now and the contest. Oh well, I'd rather strongman poorly than not strongman at all.

No comments: