Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Box to Squat On



I had some old plywood and time on my hands this weekend, and managed to break out my tools and build a box for squatting.



It's 16.5 x 15.5 x 12.75" so you've got three different heights depending on how you stand it up.
I put a center support in it and used my finish nailer to tack it together. Gentlemen, if you own no other air tool, it is worth it to buy a compressor and a nail gun. I put about 50 finish nails in it in no time. Then did some extra securing with drywall screws.



Whatever number you sit on is the height you are squatting to. After I drew the numbers on the side my little girl decided she would right on it too (see the line to the left of the 12).



So to make daddy's little helper happy I let her draw on the scraps. Unfortunately I had to take the marker away after about 1 minute because permanent marker and 3 year olds don't mix. Also note the crater in my carport to the top right, that's from atlas stones, even through two rubber mats it did that... And I still suck at stones.


Before the day was over, Rebekah took all my palm sander discs and lined them up on the driveway and pretended to have a birthday party with her imaginary friends. It was a great afternoon, we ran the box up to the gym so the fellas could use it in the morning, and stopped by Burger King to pick her up a treat.


No comments: