Friday, April 22, 2011

Diet: Day 22





Well Crap. That is about a 1lb. gain.

I guess week three is the new week two. I really didn't change anything this week. I ate my protein, didn't eat the carbs. The only thing I didn't get to do this week is put forth any reasonable effort into burning calories, I got only one good walk and two training sessions in this week, proving to me once again that good old fashioned exercise is the catalyst to weight loss.



There are some positives from this week. I took my blood pressure for the first time since starting the diet and it was down around 16 points (138 systolic to ~122 or so). The dizzy spells I was having when I bent over or stood up to fast have disappeared. Also, sleep is getting better.


I'm also learning ways to improve the process. For the first two meals I eat basically the same thing everyday. Diets are not about food tasting good, they are about food being easy enough to prepare that you stick with the plan. I mean, if you have a choice between spending an hour preparing an elaborate, gourmet low-carb meal or stopping off for chinese take out on your way home from work, sesame chicken will win every time. So, the meals -



  • Breakfast = 4-6 eggs scrambled/fried + turkey bacon or sausage, lots of coffee

  • Lunch = 1 can green beans, 2 small chicken breast (w/ hot sauce)

  • Afternoon snack = turkey or ham sandwich on low cal bread

  • Supper = meat, salad, veggies

  • Post workout (on training days) = whey protein w/ raw eggs (~80grams of protein)

I repeat this almost every weekday. Yes it is monotenous, yes I have to choke it down half the time, but it is convenient and fits the plan. Also, it ain't forever.


I do one cheat meal, usually on Friday night, just to keep my sanity. I'll give my current plan one more week and if no weight loss results I'll go back to the drawing board and tweak some things.

No comments: